How Can I Whiten My Yellow Teeth Naturally?admin
Many of us would love to be able to flash a brilliant Hollywood smile. So how can we achieve healthy-looking white teeth without the use of harsh chemicals, and without burning a hole in our wallet?
What causes yellow teeth?
The yellowing of our teeth can be caused by several factors:
• Certain foods and drinks (such as tea, coffee, tomato-based sauces and curry) can stain the outer layer of teeth (the enamel), causing it to take on a more yellow hue.
• A build-up of plaque creates a yellow layer that covers the enamel.
• Certain foods and drinks (especially acidic ones such as citrus fruits and those with a high sugar content) can wear away at the enamel, causing the yellower dentin underlayer to become exposed.
Natural teeth whitening
If you are experiencing yellowing of your teeth, there are several natural remedies that you can try:
• Oil pulling – this ancient Indian practice involves swirling oil around your mouth to remove plaque-causing bacteria, similar to modern mouthwashes. Traditionally, sunflower or sesame oil was used, but many people today opt for coconut oil, as it has a more pleasant taste and is high in lauric acid which reduces inflammation. You need 1 tablespoon of your preferred oil and you should pull the oil through your teeth for 15-20 minutes.
• Baking soda – baking soda is a common ingredient in many commercial toothpastes as it prevents bacteria from growing and also scrubs your enamel clean. You can mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda with 2 tablespoons of water to create a paste that you can use a couple of times a week in addition to regular brushing.
• Fruit – some limited research seems to indicate that certain enzymes found in papayas and pineapples may help whiten teeth by removing stains.
However, if you are looking for easy to use, on-the-go teeth whitening, then why not take a look at Crest 3D white strips, as well as our other teeth whitening products.